to download the newleef 2016 Call for Abstracts
as a PDF.
THEMATIC AREAS OF INTEREST
NEIA is calling for presentation abstracts that highlight products, services, processes, or policies which serve to protect, mitigate effects to, or enhance the environment. Submissions from the academic field featuring new research (with the potential for commercial application) are also welcome.
The following themes have been identified as areas of interest for Newleef 2016:
- Coastal, Ocean, and Arctic
- Renewable Energy
- Clean Technology (Products or Services that Increase Efficiency or Decrease Waste)
- New and Emerging Green Opportunities related to Resource Industries:
- Oil and Gas
- Mining and Mineral Exploration
- Agriculture and Food
- Waste Management Innovation
- Green Economic Development Strategy and Policy
- Climate Change Adaptation, Mitigation, and Risk Management
- Infrastructure, Construction, and Planning
Presentations will take place during the conference (October 12-13, 2016) and will be grouped in a session with others based on subject themes. Each presentation will be 30 minutes in duration and can feature audio-visual elements (e.g. PowerPoint, demonstrations, etc.).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSIONS
Please include with your submission:
Please submit by email to Kieran Hanley, Manager of Policy and Communications with NEIA, at email@example.com. Proposals for full conference sessions (2 or more presentations) that would be of interest and importance to the growth of the green economy are also welcome.
- Title and type of presentation proposed
- 250-word (approx.) summary of presentation proposed
- Presenterís name, affiliation, and brief biographical statement
The deadline for submitting an abstract is August 9, 2016. Abstracts will be reviewed on the basis of relevance to the conference themes and the significance of the content to the Newleef 2016 audience.